What we are looking for
Full-time, Permanent, Hybrid, £35,000 - £45,000
Our Project Implementation Engineers are a key contributor to ROCK’s Service Delivery activities, ensuring the quality of infrastructure project implementation projects for our clients, and ensuring that they receive the best possible experience during their interactions with ROCK.
Our Project Implementation Engineers are responsible for the implementation of a range of technical projects for our clients, using a range of technologies and products. As a Project Implementation Engineer, your time will focus primarily on larger scale infrastructure installation and migration projects, both on premise and cloud based. The role will also include smaller project assignments when necessary, such as Wi-Fi solutions, installation of network equipment, broadband migrations, as well as the migration or installation of software solutions and the completion of post project documentation.
At ROCK, we are passionate about development, and offer a unique career path with over 70% of our team progressing within their first year in the business.
This is a hybrid position, split between our head office in Bridgend, working from home and on client site across the region. Full UK driving licence is essential for this position.
- Implementing projects within deadlines for clients
- Maintaining excellent communications with clients on the status of the projects you implement
- Network hardware installation; including switches, routers, and cutting-edge firewalls from the likes of SonicWALL, Cisco and Draytek
- Deploy, modify, and maintain active directory windows server and other Microsoft products
- Deploying and migrating email services, both on premise using Microsoft Exchange and in the cloud with platforms such as Microsoft 365
- Installation of line of business applications and bespoke developed software packages
- Installation and configuration of network equipment and other peripherals
- Deploy & maintain Azure based infrastructure with team support
- To work closely with project managers, stakeholders, and other relevant teams in project planning and scheduling.
- Ensuring the quality of the implemented solutions is a critical aspect of the role.
Essential skills & experience
- 3+ years in an IT engineer role
- Experience of infrastructure-level project implementation
- Azure infrastructure experience
- Experience of working within a Managed Service environment
- Experience with the full life-cycle of the project
- Excellent client communication and documentation skills in English
- Excellent technical knowledge surrounding a wide range of IT infrastructures and technologies
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage complex workloads and multiple priorities
- Deadline orientated
What can we offer?
- Flexible working approach
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay
- Paid leave for training
- Paid charity volunteer days
- Enhanced Sickness Scheme
- Annual well-being allowance
- Employee Referral Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 50% off gym memberships + discounted spa treatments
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress code
- Death in Service