Environmental Policy Statement
ROCK (The Company) specialises in the provision of managed IT and telecoms services for a wide range of business types, together with project installations of IT equipment for a variety of SMEs.
The Company recognises the importance of environmental protection and acknowledges that its business activities may have an effect on the environment. We recognise that our responsibility to the environment goes beyond legal and statutory requirements, and we are committed to reducing our environmental impact to the lowest practicable level.
The Company aims to:
- Minimise the amount of waste and emissions produced.
- Minimise the consumption of raw materials, water and fuels.
- Comply with, and exceed, the requirements of environmental legislation and ISO14001.
- Assess the environmental impact of all its activities.
- To operate in a socially responsible manner and take into account ethical and social issues, biodiversity, and sustainability when making all strategic and operational decisions.
- Prevent pollution to water, land and air.
- Raise awareness, encourage participation and train its employees in environmental matters.
- Expect similar environmental standards from our suppliers, contractors and landlord.
- Reduce waste through re-use, recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable.
- Take a proactive approach regarding environmental issues that affect our business.
- Set targets and objectives, within the scope of the environmental management system, to achieve continual improvement and sustainable development.
- We will not work with organisations directly involved in; Factory farming, animal slaughter, animal testing, arms, tobacco, nuclear power, fracking, GMO’s or anything else we consider to be unethical or immoral.
To help us achieve our goals we will develop and maintain an environmental management system (EMS).
We will set ourselves targets and pursue continual improvement of the system and of our environmental performance. We are committed to protecting the environment, preventing pollution and fulfilling all of our compliance obligations. This policy will be reviewed annually and where legislative, organisational and operational changes dictate, amended and communicated to all ROCK employees.
The company will integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of its decision-making and activities.
Mr. Rob Dance, the CEO, is responsible for ensuring that the Environmental Policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility to co-operate with The Company in safeguarding the environment by ensuring that the aims and objectives of this policy are met. The company will communicate its environmental commitments to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it.
- We will strive to achieve a “paperless office”.
- We will reuse and recycle any waste paper that we do produce, together with other office wastes, wherever possible.
- We will evaluate whether the need can be met in a different way.
- We will consider whether renting is an option before purchasing equipment.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase and purchase recycled and more environmentally friendly products wherever possible.
- We have a disclaimer attached to all outgoing emails asking recipients to consider the environment before printing.
- We have a policy in place asking staff to switch their computers off at the end of each day.
- We will endeavour to reduce the need to travel, wherever possible restricting to necessary trips only.
- We will promote the use of alternatives by making use of technologies such as email or video/phone conferencing.
- We will favour more environmentally friendly vehicles and maintain them to ensure ongoing efficiency.
- We will encourage members of staff to use green methods of transport, wherever reasonably practicable.
Waste, Maintenance and Cleaning
- We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
- We will maximise the proportion of waste that is recycled and minimise the quantity of non-recyclable refuse.
- All cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- The amounts of any potentially environmentally hazardous substances stored on our site will be kept to the minimum possible.
- We will conserve energy and give preference to renewable sources of energy and materials wherever reasonably practicable.
- Food waste bins are provided in the kitchen.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
Monitoring and Improvement
The Company has compiled an Environmental Aspects and Impacts Register along with procedures for waste handling, energy control and company vehicles. There are also procedures for dealing with fires and spillages.
This policy, the register, procedures and compliance with them are regularly reviewed every 6 months in an effort to continually improve environmental impacts and performance.