What we are looking for
Full-time, Permanent, Competitive Salary
We are looking for a talented IT Engineer to join us as an IT Project Implementation Engineer, providing hands on support in the South Wales area. This exciting opportunity will give the selected candidate the chance to maintain and configure some of the latest and greatest technology from industry leaders such as Dell, Apple, HP and Microsoft. Also gaining exposure to Network hardware installation; including switches, routers and cutting-edge firewalls from the likes of SonicWALL, Cisco and Draytek. Our IT Project Engineers are at the centre of our client experience at ROCK, working with primary contacts at our clients to ensure they receive the best possible experience during their interactions with ROCK.
The ideal candidate will have some experience in a role involving hands on IT infrastructure at a combined 1st/2nd line level with additional client/customer facing experience. Any 3rd line experience with servers, networking or hardware is desirable although being able to think on your feet and resolve a multitude of problems is even more important!
The successful candidate will be located in our Bridgend team, but based primarily on client sites, ensuring ROCK’s ability to successfully deliver high quality service to our clients across the region.
- 3+ years in an IT engineer role is recommended, though personal experience and technical knowledge is more valuable. This role is roughly equivalent to a Second-Tier level
- Excellent client communication and documentation skills in English
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage complex workloads and multiple priorities
- Excellent time and workload management skills with strong focus on attention to detail
- Confident, ambitious and energetic with a persuasive manner and the ability to use your initiative
- Experience of project implementation would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of working within a Managed Service environment is desirable
Benefits to shout about
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Enhanced Sickness Scheme
- Employee Referral Programme
- Annual well-being allowance
- Award winning ROCKstar culture